Sweet Potato Casserole
I haven't tried this yet, but definitely plan to soon! It comes from The Cooking Divas. Lately I am just in love with sweet potatoes...mmm!
Peel, slice and boil potatoes for 20-25 min. Mix other ingredients in a bowl. Drain potatoes and add to mixture, beat with mixer until smooth. Pour into lightly buttered 9x13 dish. Top with the following:
- 3 c. cooked, mashed sweet potatoes
- (about 2 large or 3 medium)
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 c. milk
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. flour
- 1/4 c. butter, softened
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans
Mashed Sweet and Russet Potatoes with Herbs
This comes from Martha Stewart. I would have never thought to put sweet potatoes in with normal ones for a heavenly mashed potato combo!
- 4 garlic cloves (do not peel)
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, pricked with a fork (about 1 pound total)
- 2 medium russet potatoes, pricked with a fork (about 1 pound total)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus a sprig for garnish
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 3/4 teaspoons coarse salt
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
Preheat oven to 400 degrees, with racks in center and lower thirds. Put garlic on a small piece of foil; drizzle with oil. Fold to form a packet, and crimp edges to seal. Place garlic packet and the potatoes on center rack; place a baking sheet on lower rack to catch the juices.
Bake, flipping halfway through, until the sweet potatoes are very tender when pierced with the tip of a knife, about 45 minutes. Remove sweet potatoes and garlic from oven; set aside. Continue to bake russet potatoes until very tender, about 15 minutes more. Remove from oven; let cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
Peel potatoes. Pass through a ricer or a food mill into a medium bowl. Squeeze garlic from skins into bowl with potatoes. Stir in butter, parsley, sage, salt, and pepper. Stir in yogurt, and serve.
Some other yummy looking Sweet Potato recipes:
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes (Martha Stewart)
- Butter-Pecan Sweet Potatoes (Martha Stewart)
- Sweet Potato Cannelloni (Martha Stewart)
- Oat-Topped Sweet Potatoes (Kraft)
- Baked Garlic Sweet Potatoes (Taste of Home)