Thursday, December 11, 2008

12 Days of Yummies: Cranberry (or Apricot Jam) Squares

Day 11
These are one of my favorite holiday treats.  Its funny because my mom used to make these when I was a kid and I wasn't a real big fan of them then.  I think its because they had cranberry in them and I thought that sounded too healthy or something.  But they are yummy!

(photo courtesy of Kraft Foods)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 cups flour
  • 3/4 cup butter or margarine
  • 1 cup flaked coconut
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 can whole cranberry sauce, puréed (or 1 (10 ounce) jar apricot preserves, puréed)
Preheat oven to 350°. Mix together all ingredients except preserves. Press 3/4 of mixture into 9”x13” pan. Spread fruit over top. Sprinkle remainder of flour mixture over top, letting some of fruit show through. Bake for 30 minutes or till golden brown.

Julie R.
AG, CA

No comments: