Tuesday, August 4, 2009

An Amazing Quesadilla

I just finished an absolutely delicious quesadilla. I couldn't even wait to blog about it! This is one of the new recipes I found on Tasty Kitchen. Its from Red Velvet. Red Velvet, you're the best! Wow, it was good. It has caramelized onions, sun dried tomatoes, spinach, and goat cheese...whats not to love? The sweetness of the onions and the tartness of the goat cheese & tomatoes go so great together. And the spinach I didn't even notice, but I know its doing my body good. :) My little sister kringed when I told her I was gonna try it...I'm SO glad I listened to my stomach and not you! Just a little forewarning - be careful when you flip your quesadilla...I almost lost my innards to the frying pan. For those of you who know your kids won't eat it, I just made a plain ol' boring quesadilla for my 6 year old...my 2 year old LOVED it!

  • 2 whole tortillas (fat free if desired)
  • 1/2 whole sweet onion
  • 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
  • Few handfuls fresh baby spinach
  • 3 Tbsp goat cheese (give or take)
  • Cooking spray, olive oil, or butter (depends on how healthy you wanna get)
Slice the onion into long, thin strips. Heat a saute pan over medium-high heat and coat with cooking spray (or olive oil, or butter). Add onion and saute until lightly browned (about 10 minutes).

While onions are cooking, spread goat cheese on each tortilla in an even layer.

When done, remove onions from pan. Put onions on top of goat cheese on one tortilla. Add layer of sun-dried tomatoes and spinach. Place over tortilla on top (goat cheese facing in). Add more cooking spray to pan (I used the olive oil spray). Put quesadilla in saute pan over medium heat and warm through (about 2-3 minutes per side). Cut into small wedges and enjoy (and boy did I!)!

Makes 1 quesadilla.

No comments: