Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Tilapia, Potatoes and Zucchini


I'm not really a big fish eater, but I decided to try my hand at some Tilapia. Its healthy, easy to make, and delicious! I added Rosemary Potatoes and "fried" zucchini to complete tonight's dinner.

Lemon Garlic Tilapia
Honestly, I didn't actually  measure anything except the butter. Just have enough juice to generously cover all fillets-and sprinkle spices on top.
4 Tilapia fillets
3 tablespoons Fresh lemon Juice
1 Tablespoon melted butter
1 clove garlic (I didn't have any cloves-so i just used about 1 Tbsp garlic salt)
1 tsp dried  parsley flakes
pepper to taste

-Preheat oven to 375 F (middle rack). spray baking dish with pam.
-Place fillets in dish, pour lemon juice over fish, and butter on top of that. Sprinkle garlic, parsley and pepper.
-Bake until white and flakes when pulled with fork. Check every ten minutes for 30 mins. (it may be done in 10)


Rosemary Potatoes

9 red potatoes
Rosemary
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste

Cube potatoes into small chunks. Lay on cookie sheet in a single layer. Cover lightly with E.V.O.O., flip over and drizzle again. generously sprinkle rosemary, salt and pepper on top.
Put pan in with fish (rack on top of) cook for about 30-45 minutes until soft. (move to middle when fish is done)


"Fried" Zucchini

1-2 large zucchini
Extra Virgin olive oil
Grated Parmesan Cheese
dried Oregano

Slice Zucchini Lengthwise into 1/5 inch slices.
Brush on E.V.O.O. and cover with cheese, flip over and repeat with more more cheese and lightly sprinkle with oregano.
Cook on sheet for about 10 minutes on each side @ 375F
(I made the potatoes and zucchini on the same sheet/the fish and zucchini were done at about the same time)

Carina d.
SLO town, Cali

3 comments:

gramma/mom said...

This was SOOOO yummy!! Thanks Carina!! :)
love, mom :)

Kristen said...

I just found your blog and how cool, because i have ~tons~ of fresh zucchini that i need to use. The "fried" zucc. sounds wonderful and i plan to make it tonite. Thanks!

Julie said...

I wanted to make the zucchini, but didn't have parmesan or parsley (yeah, I know, what kind of pantry am I supplying?), so I sprinkled seasoned salt and followed your instructions - YUM-MEE! I think we each downed at least a zucchini each (my kids, too!).