Friday, September 12, 2008

Fresh Salsa

Our garden seems to have tomatoes growing in every direction, so today we decided to make some fresh salsa.  I didn't use a specific recipe and everything is pretty much "to taste," so you can make it to your liking.  Am I the only one who has a problem chopping cilantro?  Every time I do, my eyes tear all up and it kind of hinders my breathing - its worse then when I cut onions...am I just weird or is there someone else out there who has this problem, too?  Anyway, as I was making the salsa my son said "yuck, I hate salsa!"  When I was done, I was tasting it and he came over and said "mmm, that looks good."  He tried it, then took the bowl and bag of chips from me and scarfed it all down.  When he was done he said "that was so good I even drank the juice!"  It WAS good!

  • Fresh tomatoes
  • Sweet onion 
  • Cilantro
  • Garlic clove, minced
  • Salt to taste
  • Pepper to taste
  • Hot Sauce to taste (optional)
Chop tomatoes, onion, and cilantro;  place in a bowl (if you like juicy salsa like me, then include the tomato juice too).  Add minced garlic, salt and pepper.  If you'd like a little kick, add a few drops of hot sauce to taste.  Enjoy!

Julie R.
AG, CA

1 comment:

Food That's Good said...

I made this again yesterday for my hubby to bring to work...he said it didn't make it...he ate it all in the car on his drive over. Now if he loves it, it MUST be good!