Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Ranch Taco Chicken Salad

I have heard your cries of help Jules for new recipes. The following two are super easy and have become family favorites. This Chicken Salad recipe came from a friend and I'm not sure where she got it from. This is a great dinner when you need something fast. I usually eat this meal all by itself but if I need to stretch it I will add some kind of bread on the side or a baked potatoe.

1 lb. boneless chicken breasts, cut into chunks (about 4 breasts)
1 tbsp. oil
1 tbsp chili powder (this seemed like a lot to me so I just sprinkle over chicken until it is coated)
1 pkg. (16 oz) salad mix
1 jar (8 oz) salsa ( I use the mild Pace picante)
1 bottle (8 oz) ranch dressing
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
Tortilla chips

Cook chicken, oil and chili powder in skillet on med high for 8 min or 'til chicken is cooked thru. Toss chicken with greens, salsa, dressing and cheese. Serve with chips. (Also yummy in flour tortilla)

Jodi S
Manassas, VA

1 comment:

Julie said...

Yay, Jodi! You're the best! Thanks so much!