- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour (or all-purpose if you'd like)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups packed dark brown sugar (or brown Splenda)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (or Splenda)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup (6-oz) chocolate chips (I prefer milk chocolate)
- 1 cup Craisins (or 1 cup raisins or 1/2 cup chopped nuts)
Bake at 375° for 9-10 minutes for a chewy cookie or 12-13 minutes for a crispier one. Let stand for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.