Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Oven Baked Fish

I've never been a big seafood fan, so I don't venture off and make it very often.  But something came over me Sunday night and I took the plunge and cooked some fish.  I really didn't know how it would come out, but it came out stinkin' good!  It wasn't fishy tasting (which is a major plus for me) and it was nice and moist.  My 5 year old not only went back for 2nds, but the next day asked, "Is there any more of that really yummy fish left?  I REALLY want that for lunch today!"  Score!

  • 16 ounces cod (or other fish of your choice - I used Dover Sole)
  • 3 tablespoons Flour
  • 2 egg whites, beaten
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs (or Panko)
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Mix onion salt, pepper and bread crumbs in a shallow dish.

Beat egg whites with 2 Tbsp water. Dredge fish filets in flour then dip in egg whites, then into bread crumb mixture.

Place in a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.

Drizzle with melted butter and top with Parmesan cheese.

Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.

Julie R.
AG, CA

No comments: