Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Orange Dreamsicle Mousse

I've found that a lot of low cal/low fat desserts really aren't that great.  I'd really rather skip dessert than have a bad one (really, is it worth even the few calories?).  So I found this recipe a while back (I wish I knew where, so if this is your recipe, let me know so I can give you credit!).  I made it thinking it probably wouldn't be that great because its sugar free (you know how sugar free stuff has that funny fake sugar taste?), but it actually turned out really good.  My boys all LOVED it and it isn't even sugar filled!
  • .44 oz pkg sugar-free orange gelatin
  • 1 oz pkg sugar-free instant white chocolate pudding mix
  • water
  • 1 (8 oz) can mandarin oranges, drained
  • 1 (8 oz) container fat-free cool whip
Dissolve the gelatin in 1 cup boiling water.  Add 1 cup cold water and let it set up for 5 minutes.  Using an electric mixer, beat dry pudding mix into the jello until well blended.  You may have to let it set up for 5 minutes in the refrigerator.  Fold in mandarin oranges and cool whip.  Chill either in a bowl or in individual mousse dishes.

Serves 4.

Julie R.
AG, CA

No comments: