Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Leftover Steak Sandwich

Leftover steak?  Who has leftover steak? I know, but actually I do. I never can finish a whole steak at a restaurant no matter how small it might be. In this case we went out to eat and my son chose the steak kids meal. He ate one bite and was done, so we doggy bagged it. Next day he didn't want it, so for lunch I had a scrumptious leftover steak sandwich. The pictures are horrible. My camera stinks. In fact both pictures are of the same sandwich, but you wouldn't know it by just looking at it (and the avocado in the first looks like mustard, but it really is avocado).  The Naan was excellent for a sandwich - I'll have to remember to use it more often!  Chalk up another for a really great sandwich!

  • Leftover steak
  • Avocado
  • Naan (Indian bread - I used Whole Wheat Tandori Naan from T.J.'s)
  • Mayo
  • Mustard
Slice avocados.  Slice steak into thin slices.  Reheat in microwave if desired (I did!).  Cut slice of Naan in half.  Slightly toast.  Spread mayo and mustard as desired on one side of each half of Naan.  Place slices of steak and avocado on one 1/2 of Naan, then place remaining slice over.  Enjoy!

Julie R.

No comments: