Saturday, February 28, 2009

Parmesan-Crusted Chicken

This is another recipe from the Pioneer Woman (you really should check her blog out if you haven't already.  I can't get enough of her.  She's so spunky!)  I made it with the mindset of it being something quick and easy.  That it was, but I had no idea how yummy it really would be.  My 5 year old son started eating it and said, "Mommy, this is the best chicken I've ever had!  Can you make this for me every day?"  He ate 2 whole fillets himself!  My 2 year old even downed it (which is a rarity when it comes to chicken).  The only weird thing about the recipe is it says to use "2 sun-dried tomatoes, jarred."  Well I bought a jar of sun-dried tomatoes, but they were julienned, so I just used have a jar.  You can pretty much add as much or as little tomatoes as you want.  I'm not a big mayo fan, but to its credit, it certainly does make the chicken nice and moist (it works well with fish as well) and you can't taste it when its all mixed together and baked.  This took me maybe 5 minutes to make (other than the cook time) and it goes great with Baked Asparagus!

No comments: