Sunday, March 1, 2009

Carly's FAMOUS Spinach Smoothies

My friend (and old college roomy) Carly posted this recipe on her blog a couple weeks ago.  I'm always in search of yummy, healthy stuff, so I thought, "what the heck, I think I'll try it."  I'm glad I did - it was great!  My 5 year old, who LOVES spinach (thanks to Popeye!) said he didn't want to try it because it grossed him out to have spinach in a smoothie.  When he saw us all drinking them and lovin' it, he said, "well I'll just try a sip."  He sipped, his eyes rolled back in his head and he said, "Oh, this is SOO delicious!!"  Score!  He even asked for it the next day!  Thanks, Carly for your yummy, healthy smoothie!

  • 1 cup vanilla yogurt
  • 3-4 cups of spinach (fresh)
  • A couple handfuls of frozen strawberries and blueberries or any other frozen fruit you want (peaches, mango, blackberries, etc)
  • 1 banana
  • Flax seed (optional)
  • Water
Poor all ingredients in a blender, leaving the water for last.  Poor water until it fills almost to the top.  Blend.

Julie R. (& Carly S.)

1 comment:

The Wyett Family said...

We drink "green smoothies" every morning. I have a ton of recipes for healthy, yet tasty drinks. I always say if you can get a salad and some fresh fruit in your kids before 8am, you're looking good! :)