Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Best Jello Jigglers

What would a family gathering or a church function or a summer bbq be without jello?  I'm not huge on the jello casseroles or whatever they're called, but I DO love my jello jigglers!  But here's the thing, I don't like them the way they say to make them on the box.  I like them my mother-in-laws way.  You've never had a jello jiggler until you've eaten one Ma's way!  So I'm spilling the beans and sharing her secret with all of you (sorry Ma, it had to be done!).  
  • 1 (6 oz) pkg of jello (any flavor of your choice!)
  • 1 pkg unflavored gelatin (yes, you heard me right, extra gelatin!)
  • 1 cup boiling water (you heard me right, that's 1/2 of what normal jigglers use!)
Boil water.  While water is boiling, pour jello and gelatin into square baking dish (I prefer glass, but you can also pour them into molds or ice cube trays).  Stir in boiling water, but be sure to do it slowly so you don't create foam on the top!  Stir until everything is COMPLETELY dissolved, otherwise you'll get weird crystals forming on the top and bottom of your jigglers!  This may take a couple minutes.  When the jello and gelatin are completely dissolved, place dish in refrigerator for a couple hours until they're solid and nice and chewy!  

To serve, cut them into squares or whip out your cookie cutters and make 'em into shapes!

No comments: