Sunday, July 12, 2009

Cheesy Roasted Red Pepper Dip

Last night was UFC fight night.  I'm not a fan, but my hubby is, so he headed over to a friends house and watched the fight with the guys.  He thought it a good idea to bring a few appetizers...it was really his way of showing his single friends that having a wife really is cool (aka, look at me, my wife lets me go see the fight AND makes us some awesome food).  So I was off to work.  I made Jalapeno Poppers (really I think any chance he has to eat these, he takes) and this Cheesy Roasted Red Pepper Dip.  I discovered this new recipe blog - Our Best Bites - which has some great stuff, including this dip.  It was all a big hit...hey, the single guys might actually consider marriage some day after all :)  (Sorry about no picture - I dropped my camera in the sand at the beach and now it won't work)
  • 1 (7 oz) jar roasted red peppers (about 1 cup diced)
  • 4 cups (3/4 lb) grated pepper jack cheese
  • 8 oz cream cheese
  • 3/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 Tbsp minced onion
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
Preheat oven to 350°.  Remove peppers from jar and blot excess water with paper towels so you don't add too much moisture to the dip.  Dice peppers.  In a bowl, soften cream cheese in microwave so it will be easier to stir.  Add in mayo, onion, garlic, and dijon.  Stir to combine and then add in grated cheese and the diced peppers.  Places in an 8x8 dish or pie plate.  If you're making it ahead, you can now place it in the fridge for later.  Place in the oven and cook for 30-45 minutes depending on the dish.  It is ready when the sides are brown and bubbly and it bubbles all the way through to the center.  Serve with sliced bread, crackers, chips, veggies, etc (we used sliced baguette).

No comments: