Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Veggie Quesadillas

It has been quite a while since I posted last...pregnancy has played quite a roll in my lack of attendance in the kitchen. First it was the 4 months straight of morning sickness, now its the sore back, tailbone, and swollen feet from standing too long. Its a little detouring, but I'll make it back eventually. For now I'm all for quick and easy meals. Ones that don't require too much effort - or at least standing over a hot stove. Tonight I made veggie quesadillas. This is one of those recipes that I make when I have to just make due with what I might have in the kitchen...or when I'm feeling lazy...both of which are the case tonight. You really can add whatever you want to these. I don't think I've ever made it exactly the same every time.

  • Flour tortillas
  • Bell peppers, julienned
  • Grated cheese (preferably Monterey Jack, but mozzarella or cheddar work too)
  • Corn (canned, fresh or frozen)
  • Black beans
  • Lime Juice
  • Olive oil
  • Cayenne Pepper
Heat oil in pan. Add bell peppers and cook until soft. Add black beans, corn, lime juice, and cayenne pepper (all to taste). Simmer until heated through. Brush one side of tortilla and sprinkle with cheese. Top with another tortilla, facing the oil side up (away from the mixture). Cook until browned on each side and cheese has melted.

No comments: