Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Lemon Bars #2

Way back in July I posted a recipe for Lemon Bars and said that I was going to follow up with more lemon bar recipes. Well I never did (hmm, big surprise, huh?). Tonight (only 6 months later), I tried yet another lemon bar recipe, this time it being Bakerella's. Everything she makes is delicious, so I figured these mustn't be any different. These turned out great. These had a much better crust to topping ratio than the last lemon bar recipe I tried. My little boys loved them, so they must be tasty :)

For the Crust:
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 3/4 cups flour
  • 2/3 cup confectionary sugar (plus more for dusting)
Topping:
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 cup lemon juice
  • 4 whole eggs, slightly beaten
Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 9x13 pan.

To make crust:
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and confectioner's sugar. Cut in butter until combined and crumbly. Press crust mixture into bottom of pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.

To make topping:
While crust is baking, prepare topping. In a larger bowl, add sugar, flour, and baking powder. Then add slightly beaten eggs and lemon juice. Mix well and pour on top of warm baked crust. Bake for 20-25 minutes.

When cool, dust with confectioner's sugar and refrigerate. Cut into bars.

Makes 2 dozen.

No comments: