Friday, January 8, 2010

Field Fresh Chopped Salad with Grilled Chicken

Today at Trader Joe's I grabbed some lunch for my kids and I (thats what happens when I shop at lunch time!). As always they chose their usual Turkey Club Wrap to share. I usually just grab some Spicy California Rolls or a turkey and swiss sandwich on a pretzel roll (oh those pretzel rolls are tasty!). But today I thought I'd try something new and I guess I was up for something lighter and more fresh...like a salad. The Field Fresh Chopped Salad with Grilled Chicken was looking quite satisfying to me, so I tried it. It was really tasty! Tasty enough for me to post about it. Now I haven't made this myself yet (seeing as I just tried it from the store just an hour or 2 ago), but it is definitely on my list of "To Make Soon." There are no measurements here, just ingredients, so its all measured according to your likings.

(photo by flickr)
  • Romaine lettuce, chopped
  • Yellow corn (fresh or canned, drained)
  • Red cabbage, chopped
  • Green onions, chopped
  • Red bell peppers, diced
  • Israeli couscous, cooked
  • Dried currants
  • Asiago cheese, grated
  • Grilled chicken breast, cubed, sliced, or shredded
  • Toasted pecans (optional)
  • Trader Joe's Sweet Basil Dressing (If you don't have a T.J.'s, you can try this recipe or this one, but note that I have not tested either one, so I'm not sure what you'll be getting! But then again if you have a T.J.'s you could also just buy the pre-made salad and save your self a lot a of time too)
Chop or cook ingredients as directed above. Toss to your liking and enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

stumbled across your posting surfing the web for a recipe for the dressing in this salad! I buy this salad all the time at TJ's and its amazing! I wish they sold the dressing bottled. I will have to try out your recipes here and see if any compare.