Thursday, September 11, 2008

Oat 'n' Chip Cookies

I guess I was in the baking mood tonight - I made Chicken Pot Pie, cookies, and bread.  I'll let you know how the bread turns out, or rather if its good I'll post it.  My son has been asking to make cookies, so we finally did it.  Every year the young women from church sell cookie mixes to earn money for camp and this is my absolute favorite!  My sister was one of those young women, so she entrusted me with the recipe.  If you want, you can place all the dry ingredients in layers in a jar/bag with the remaining instructions and give it away as a gift.

  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/8 tsp baking soda
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
  • 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
  • 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, or white chips
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
  • 1 egg, slightly beaten
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 375°.  In large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, chocolate chips, brown sugar, oats, and peanut butter chips.  Add butter, egg, and vanilla.  Stir until well mixed.  Drop dough by heaping teaspoons 2-inches apart onto un-greased cookie sheet.  Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.  Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.  Cool completely.

Makes 2 dozen (if you're lucky!)

Julie R.
AG, CA

No comments: