- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 (3 oz) pkg strawberry flavored gelatin
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs (room temperature)
- 2 3/4 cups sifted cake flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup strawberry puree made from frozen sweetened strawberries
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and dry strawberry gelatin until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each. Combine the flour and baking power; stir into the batter alternately with the milk. Blend in vanilla and strawberry puree. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans.
Bake for 25-30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a small knife inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow cakes to cool in their pans over a wire rack for at least 10 minutes, before tapping out to cool completely.